Get The App!
The Toronto CAD mobile application is now available for Android and iOS
The Toronto CAD application simplifies viewing the Toronto Police and Fire CAD interfaces for mobile users. Rather than struggling
with an interface that seems better suited to a desktop browser, the Toronto CAD application is designed to work on
small screens, and to leverage a variety of features that are handy for News Media and First Responders
The application combines information from
- The Toronto Police Call For Service (C4S) Page
- The Toronto Fire Service Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) Page
- Geolocation technology to locate (most, but not all) calls
- Call Mapping
- More than 25 GTA Twitter accounts, including the Toronto Police Operations (TPOC) Twitter feed
Some of the current features:
- Mobile-friendly user interface,
- Almost real-time updating of TPS and TFS calls,
- Push notifications for high-priority calls will let you know about important, newsworthy, calls even if the app is off,
- Matches Police, Fire, and TPOC Tweets for calls,
- Places calls on city-wide map (where geoinfo available),
- Filtering of calls shown in the call list, so only calls that interest you are shown,
- TFS calls link to your default Map programme (usually Google Maps) so you don't have to enter the address manually.
- TPS calls will search Toronto Police Operations Centre Twitter feed to see if they have sent out anything.
- Push notifications for Environment Canada Weather Alerts and Warnings
- What's Near Me? page shows only calls within 2 km of your current location
- Automatic near-by notifications will send you a notification of priority calls that are within 2 km of your location
- Curated Twitter alerts for more than two-dozen GTA organisations, so that you will be notified of the most important events as they are tweeted about